Top Granite Countertop Benefits
Are you looking for an affordable but timeless way to update your kitchen or bathroom? Granite countertops are a great option to both update the look of your kitchen and add lasting value to your home! Below we have listed a few of the top reasons why granite is so popular with so many home owners in the Kansas City area!
1. Granite countertops add the most bang for your buck. Granite countertops not only add value to your kitchen, it also adds more appeal to potential buyers. Worried about the risk of granite going “out of style?” No worries. Granite is not a trend. It is a timeless, classic choice but also a great investment that will help boost your home’s value in the current housing market.
2. Granite counters are durable. Granite is one of the toughest and hardest materials on earth because it is formed by extreme heat and pressure. Granite is composed of a combination of Feldspar and Quartz, which work together to make granite surfaces also extremely scratch resistant.
3. Granite helps resist bacteria and germs. Granite is naturally resistant to bacteria. While granite itself doesn’t nourish bacteria, food preparation may leave moisture and traces of food residue in the stone pores in which bacteria can live on. Regularly sealing the stone helps the surface resist bacteria by closing the tiny crevices and pores. Therefore, it is important to eliminate the possibility of bacterial contamination by disinfecting your sealed granite countertop.
DIY Granite Countertop Cleaning Recipe for Everyday Use:
A simple solution of dawn dish soap (couple drops) and water is suggested to preserve sealant and insure the surface stays shiny and clear of stains.
DIY Recipe for Disinfecting Granite Countertops (Not recommended for everyday use.)
Everyday Cleaning Solution – For every day cleaning we recommend just using antibacterial soap and water.
Alcohol Solution (This is not a long term cleaning option but more of an emergency disinfectant.) Mix 4 tablespoons of alcohol and 4 drops of liquid dish detergent in 1 quart of water. Pour the solution into a spray bottle and spray it on the countertop. Allow it to stand at least 1 minute and then wipe the countertop dry with a soft, clean, white cloth.
4. Granite is repairable. Granite is one of the toughest countertop materials on the market today, but that doesn’t mean it’s impervious to chips. There are four types of damage that a granite countertop might experience: natural fissures, cracks, breaks, or chips if you damage it accidentally. In the event that it does scratch or chip but it depends on how bad the damage is. The best thing to do is call a professional to come out and evaluate the damage. Midwest Marble & Granite not only installs granite countertops but also has a full time granite repair team on staff. If we installed the countertop, you get a service call up to 50% off the repair cost.
5. Multiple color and style options. With multiple shades and over 50 colors of granite to choose from, we guarantee you’ll find the perfect color & style that will blend perfectly with your kitchen cabinets, flooring and walls. Read this article to learn what Midwest Marble & Granite owner Nick Stambaugh has to say about his top 5 picks for Granite in 2020.
6. Granite countertops are heat resistant. Granite countertops will easily bear the heat of almost anything that you can subject to it. You can put hot pot and pans on the top of it and it will not get damaged.